Monday 5 March 2012

The Tipping Point

Increasingly, I find myself identifying with a quote from the film Watchmen:

"Things change...I'm 67 years old.  Everyday the future looks a little bit darker.  But the past, even the grimy parts of it, keep on getting brighter." - Silk Spectre

I don't need to be 67 years old to see the writing on the wall - my best days are behind me.  At 37 without access to anything enchanting, meaningful or that I truly want, all I have to look forward to is a job that will sustain my survival needs until I become too decrepit to function and rely on others to prolong my life.

I don't regret the time I spent enjoying myself in my 20's.  Rather, I regret the 10 years poured into trying to play the game of life that I felt I must achieve by struggling in jobs that never paid off and simply led me to seek a hermitic lifestyle.

Time waits for no man.

This man isn't going to wait for time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment